Thursday, February 12, 2009

First tour of 2009 is under way

The Young Dubliners have hit the road! We just departed Los Angeles last night, and as I write this we are hurtling up the highway toward our first gig in Boise, Idaho. I can taste the potatoes already!

The task of packing my gear and luggage for this trip took over 2 days. Winter always presents some special requirements for touring... due to the tight schedule, I had to make sure every item from picks to fuses to tools to thermal underwear is included, because having to find a music store out there somewhere is not an easy option in freezing weather! And, we're traveling by tour bus, so once we arrive at the venue, there's no driving out for an errand!

The first show is on Friday the 13th. I'll let you know how it goes!

-Bob, February 11 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment